The CSB200 is a low cost AIS Class ‘B’ Transponder, designed specifically for the small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets. It meets the Class ‘B’ standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ units to voluntarily fit an AIS Transponder.
The CSB200 is a compact self-contained unit which, when connected to an external VHF antenna and a GPS antenna, will transmit its own vessel position and data and also receive information from other AIS vessels, shore stations and navigational aids within VHF range. The unit is initially programmed by the user with the supplied program (PC). The vessel’s MMSI number, name, call sign, dimensions and type of vessel are entered at this stage. Once programmed, the unit will automatically receive and transmit AIS data. The CSB200 is compatible with a range of PC navigation programs and chart plotters that are capable of accepting NMEA 0183 AIS data sentences.
- Automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
- A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within VHF range
- The ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other AIS vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter
- Transmitter off facility to conserve power, or for covert use
- Small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets.
- Meets the Class ‘B’ international standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ transponders to voluntarily (or otherwise) fit an AIS transponder
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- AG100 GPS Receive Antenna for AIS re-transmission of Position SKU 001-1030
- AIS-COM Commercial GRP tube Antenna for AIS SKU 001-1040
- AIS-MAST Stainless steel masthead Whip Antenna for AIS SKU 001-1045