OVERVIEW – CSB200 AIS Transponder
The CSB200 is a compact and rugged AIS Transponder, designed for the demands of the small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets. It meets the Class ‘B’ standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ units to voluntarily fit an AIS Transponder. When connected to an external VHF antenna and a GPS antenna (not supplied), the CSB200 will transmit its own vessel position and data and receive information from other AIS vessels, shore stations and navigational aids within VHF range.
The unit is initially programmed by the user with the supplied software over a USB interface. The CSB200 is compatible with a range of computer‑based navigation programs and chart plotters that can accept AIS data sentences over a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 connection.
- NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 compatible
- Automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
- A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within VHF range
- The ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other AIS vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter
- Transmitter off facility to conserve power, or for covert use
- Small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets.
- Meets the Class ‘B’ international standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ transponders to voluntarily (or otherwise) fit an AIS transponder
RELATED PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS
- AG100 GPS Receive Antenna for AIS re-transmission of Position SKU 001-1030
- AIS-COM Commercial GRP tube Antenna for AIS SKU 001-1040
- AIS-MAST Stainless steel masthead Whip Antenna for AIS SKU 001-1045