NMEA-2-WIFI NMEA to WIFI Interface Converter
A NMEA to WiFi Interface converter creates a wireless data gateway for re-transmission of AIS and other NMEA data around a boat or vessel, to smartphones, tablets & laptops.
NMEA to WiFi Interface Converter
The NMEA to WiFi Interface Converter provides a low cost method of setting up a wireless network (802.11 b/g), granting your vessel or boat WiFi connectivity. This will enable you to use Apps on your iPhone, iPad or PC to display all your electronic data including position, AIS data, depth, wind, compass heading etc. – Such as the Marine Data’s ShipWidget™ Platform.
Simple to set up, the NMEA to WiFi interface has 2 NMEA inputs which are multiplexed to a single high speed data output which transmits NMEA 0183 data over WIFI for viewing on a smart phone or tablet using suitable Apps, or a PC Navigation program, and provides 2 way communication between the WiFi device and any suitable NMEA devices. With 2 inputs, it can accept NMEA 0183 data at 4800 from any GPS, Chart plotter or other navigation instruments, plus a 38,400 baud input from any AIS receiver or transponder, so you only need one unit to collect and transmit all the navigation data of your boat via the wireless gateway, to your portable device over WiFi.
For a vessel with a chart plotter at the nav station, using the Comar NMEA-2-WIFI, the helmsman can view all the navigation data on deck via an iPad or iPhone and for boats with the chart plotter at the helm you can check all the critical navigation data down below, making your boats data truly portable.
Note: The unit can only connect to one device at a time and a suitable App or Program is required.
- Comprehensive 802.11 b/g network capability
- Quick and easy to configure and install
- Built-in USB port for local monitoring
- Universal ac power supply
- A helmsman can view all the navigation data on deck via an iPad or iPhone
- For boats with the chart plotter at the helm, all the critical navigation data can be viewed ‘down below’
Related Products & Systems
- Comar Systems’ range of AIS Receivers & Transponders
- Weight: 200 g
- Dimensions overall: L 120 mm W 86 mm D 37 mm
- Connections: 8-way Screw Terminals
- Construction: Plastic
- Finish: Black plastic, textured
- Power: 9-30 V dc
- Current: 100 mA @ 12 V dc
- Input: NMEA 0183 at 4800 Baud and 38,400 Baud
- Output: NMEA 0183 at 38,400 Baud
- WIFI: 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g
- IP rating: IP40
- Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- The unit can only connect to one device at a time
- A suitable App or Program is required