Job Vacancy: Technical Support Technician
Joint companies Marine Data Systems and Comar Systems are looking for a Technical Support Technician to provide after-sales technical support for their range of products. This is a joint position, primarily responsible for handling email-based technical queries from customers, but it may also include providing pre-sales advice and assisting with design verification and validation testing.
- Provide email-based technical support for Marine Data and Comar products
- Create fault-finding guides and a knowledge base for relevant products or groups of products
- Assist with pre-sales advice for potential customers
- Assist the design department with design verification and validation testing
- Use knowledge gained during product support to improve customer service
- A reasonable understanding of digital and analogue electronics to device/signal level
- Basic understanding of data communications methods and protocols, including Serial (UART, RS232/422, NMEA 0183), CAN Bus (J1939/NMEA 2000), Ethernet (IP(V4) addressing, TCP/UDP communications)
- Ability to read component/product datasheets and understand the relevant technical content
- Ability to learn a product’s features and properties from datasheet/user manual/hands-on experience and work with customers via email/phone to assist in remote diagnosis and rectification of problems
- Ability to read and understand circuit diagrams
- Ability to understand the concept and implementation of electro-mechanical systems, including stepper motors & gears
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also ask for assistance/input from other team members where necessary
- A good understanding of the English Language and the ability to communicate technical and faultfinding concepts with customers to enable remote diagnosis of faults
- Competent in the use of IT. Familiarity with Microsoft products including Windows, MS_Word, and MS_Excel and can operate and utilise other windows-based software to test products and diagnose faults.
- Willing to adapt to diagnosing issues with new products
- Ready to fulfil additional/alternate roles within the company where their technical competence can be helpful (e.g. production test, customer demonstration, etc.)
- A clean UK driving license and valid passport would also be advantageous.
- The ideal candidate should be interested in embedded-processor-based electronics and inter-device communication with relevant experience.
- They should be able to handle customer queries with excellent technical expertise, work independently or as a team, and have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
This job is perfect if you are passionate about electronics and want to join a dynamic team that offers challenging opportunities. Apply now and be part of an innovative company that is changing the future of marine technology.
Applicants should apply by sending your CV together with covering letter to: email@example.com