I300W NMEA to WiFi Interface Converter
The I300W NMEA to WiFi Interface provides a low cost method of setting up a wireless network on-board (802.11 n), granting your vessel or boat WiFi connectivity.
Note: This product is in development and therefore unavailable to purchase.
The I300W NMEA to WiFi Interface provides a low cost method of setting up a wireless network on-board (802.11 n), granting your vessel or boat WiFi connectivity. This will enable you to use Apps on your smartphone/Tablet or PC to display all your electronic data including position, AIS data, depth, wind, compass heading etc. – Popular applications include iSailor and OpenCPN.
Simple to set up, the I300W has 2 NMEA inputs which are multiplexed to a single high speed data output which transmits NMEA 0183 data over WiFi for viewing on a smart phone or tablet using suitable Apps, or a PC navigation program. It provides 2 way communication between the WiFi device and any suitable NMEA devices. With 2 inputs, it can accept NMEA 0183 data at 4800 from any GPS, Chart plotter or other navigation instruments, plus a 38,400 baud input from any AIS receiver or transponder, so you only need one unit to collect and transmit all the navigation data of your boat via the wireless gateway, to your portable device over WiFi.
For a vessel with a chart plotter at the nav station, using the Comar I300W NMEA to WiFi interface, the helmsman can view all the navigation data on deck via a suitable device, and for boats with the chart plotter at the helm, it’s possible to check all the critical navigation data down below, making your boats data truly portable.
Note: This product was previously known as the NMEA-2-WIFI
- For wireless re-transmission of NMEA 0183 AIS data
- Transmits a range of other NMEA 0183 data sentences
- Connects with Tablets, Smartphones WiFi enabled chartplotters etc.
- Ideal for AIS monitoring at various stations on a small vessel
- Comprehensive 802.11 n network capability
- Quick and easy to configure and install
- Built-in USB port for local monitoring
- Universal ac power supply
- Rugged plastic housing
- A helmsman can view all the navigation data on deck via a suitable device such as a smartphone or tablet
- For boats with the chart plotter at the helm, all the critical navigation data can be viewed from anywhere on the boat
- Comar Systems range of AIS receivers
- Weight: 200g
- Dimensions: L 120 mm W 86 mm D 37 mm
- Mounting: To flat surface
- Connections: 8-way Screw Terminals
- Construction: Plastic housing
- Finish: Black plastic, textured
- Power: 9-30 V dc
- Current: 100 mA @ 12 V dc
- Input: NMEA 0183 at 4800 Baud and 38,400 Baud
- Output: NMEA 0183 at 38,400 Baud
- WIFI: 2.4/5 GHz dual band IEEE 802.11 n
- IP rating: IP40
- Operating temp: -15°C to +55°C
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- A suitable App or Program is required to display the data